This is my first blog posting! Who knows how well I'll keep up with this, but I'm going to give it a try. When I get a job, I may not keep up very well.
We are really enjoying our first house. There is so much to do, but we are slowly getting things taken care of. This morning, our Jack Russell Terrier, Bristow (see photo below), fell in the pool! I was in the back yard checking on the progress of our newly-planted grass. I heard a splash, turned around, and saw her struggling to get out of the pool. I ran over to her and bent down to get her out just as she went under. It was scary, but kinda funny. You know that scared the doo doo out of her. She's never done that before. It's scary to think what would have happened if I hadn't been right there. She knows how to swim, but she doesn't know how to get to the steps of the pool to get out. We tried to teach her just in case something like that did happen when we weren't home, but today made me realize that she didn't learn the lesson.

Dakota and Bristow
We are really enjoying our first house. There is so much to do, but we are slowly getting things taken care of. This morning, our Jack Russell Terrier, Bristow (see photo below), fell in the pool! I was in the back yard checking on the progress of our newly-planted grass. I heard a splash, turned around, and saw her struggling to get out of the pool. I ran over to her and bent down to get her out just as she went under. It was scary, but kinda funny. You know that scared the doo doo out of her. She's never done that before. It's scary to think what would have happened if I hadn't been right there. She knows how to swim, but she doesn't know how to get to the steps of the pool to get out. We tried to teach her just in case something like that did happen when we weren't home, but today made me realize that she didn't learn the lesson.

Dakota and Bristow
Today is a cloudy, drizzly day in Lakeside. Gene is sleeping (he works nights) and the girls are at school. I finished cleaning the kitchen and did a little straightening up in the house. Now I'm going to eat some soup, curl up with a warm blanket by the fire and watch "Gone With the Wind."
2 comments:
Hey! How about a couple of photos of your house?
Love,
David
a woman after my own heart. i love Gone with the Wind! i'm glad you started a blog, and congrats on the house!!!
Post a Comment