Leah and Krista go to the Lakeside Boys and Girls Club after school and during the summer. They absolutely love it. In fact, this summer, Leah is a Counselor in Training (CIT), helping out with the younger kids in the mornings, which means she gets to go to the club for free this summer (we pay just $70/week for Krista). This is a wonderful opportunity for her to gain experience that will likely help her get a job at the club when she is older.
Anyway, Krista was offered a scholarship for summer camp (along with 5 other kids at the club). She was so excited as she packed for the week, because this is the first time she has gotten to go away to camp without Leah. The name of the camp is Camp Oliver, and it is up in the mountains in Descanso. Should be a fun week for her.
Here are a few photos of the day she left (Sunday).
A few other kids from the Lakeside Club (Ashley, Ci Ci, and Mark I think)
The parents all laughed at the bus they took up to the camp (how appropriate)
Waving goodbye!
It's sure going to be quiet around here this week! I miss her already!



7 comments:
krista looks so pretty in these pictures (and so dark!) in the one where they're showing off the probation bus she looks a lot like Ryan I think.
Cute pictures! Krista will have a blast! Is the B&G Club funded by United Way there? We fund ours here. It's possible UW paid for her scholarship if that's the case. Just wondering!
Did you loan her a camera to take pictures for her blog?
I don't know about United Way funding Boys and Girls Club here. I do know that Santee has a really nice, new clubhouse, and Lakeside has an old one behind an elementary school--so unfair. Krista wasn't able to take a digital camera to camp (not allowed for some reason), but we bought her a disposable camera. Should be interesting to see what she takes pictures of.
digital cameras make it a LOT easier for kids to upload their photos online... and who knows what some kids might take photos of and upload (sadly)
I like the family picture at the top of your blog! I think I'm gonna do that!
i think that little boy packed more than krista. he should be ashamed of himself.
Post a Comment