Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Home Office

Although I do miss the social aspect of having a "real" job, I LOVE working at home in my own office. It's at the back of the house, and I can close my door and have complete solitude.

Of course, it doesn't always work that way. The girls can't seem to get it in their heads that, when I'm "at work," they aren't allowed to come in unless it's an emergency. Somehow I still get interrupted in the mornings with, "My stupid hair is too poofy! I HATE my flat iron!" And that's from the ten-year-old, for crying out loud. Or, it's something like, "Mom, Krista won't stop slurping her cereal, and it's gross!" Argghhhh!!!

So, I tried closing my door. That worked pretty well until the dogs started crying and scratching to come in (or go out). So, Gene put a doggy door in. It works great! Now, my puppies can come and go, and I can work in solitude again. (Sort of.) I absolutely LOVE it!

I have a recliner in one corner and a small, flat-screen TV in the other, so I can take a break and watch some HGTV anytime I want. I even have a place to store all my scrapbook stuff (which I never seem to find time to work on anymore). Did I mention that I LOVE my office?

My camera isn't the greatest, but here are a few photos.




12 comments:

Beth said...

I love your office too! It's beautiful and functional. And the dog door is perfect! I want an office like yours! Deb, what do you do that you can work from home?

Glad you figured out who I was...its been awhile since we connected.

Beth

Nick said...

How is it that you ALWAYS pull of the coolest looking rooms?! When the heck are you going to rub your talent my way? :-)

Anonymous said...

mom, please replace that ugly yellow file on your adorable desk. or hide it. thank you ;)

everything else, awesome! I should show my office LOL

Ryan A. said...

ash, what on earth are you talking about?

my favorite part: the doll. by far.

when was the last time you dusted off those color-coded weights?

debby said...

Yeah, that's my Penny Bright doll that I bought on Ebay. I got one of these dolls for my 5th birthday. I remember I had begged my mom for one, and couldn't believe my luck when I actually got it for my birthday.

I really do use my weights now and then. I'm trying to take small breaks more often and do some stretching and arm exercises.

I'm thinking Ashley must be referring to the yellow box on my credenza, which is my greeting card assortment. Sorry it disturbs you, Ash, but it has to stay.

me said...

lol it's all good mom. i was joking anyway.

Unknown said...

well, that's just a beautiful office right out of HGTV. how jealous am I? :) Want to scrapbook with me? I haven't in a while and am falling behind (a big no-no for me!)

Patrick Jinks said...

Very nice! Is it always this clean and neat? Be honest!

debby said...

Ha! Why do you think it's taken me so long to post the pictures? It's nowhere near this neat normally. My desk is always piled high with folders and books and papers. I usually have at least Diet Coke cans or Big Gulp cups on my desk. But this day it looked pretty nice, so I decided to take some photos. It's already back to its normal messy self. It was nice while it lasted!

Beth said...

Hi Debby! I guess it would help if I read your profile...duh...LOL! Your job sounds very cool! I aspire to have a writing job from home as well!

Yeah, re your comments on my blog: I cannot tell you how many times there have been "mistakes" in my care or a loved one...scary...we all need advocates if we are ever hospitalized and drugged or unconcious.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, HGTV is right. Deb, you could have your own show. Great space, as are all the spaces in your home. Some day, we'll clean up and get pics of our place to "Show off." Love ya.

Kath

Ash said...

Aunt Kathi forgets that we have seen pics of her lovely place on Uncle Pat's blog.

BTW mom, you have 12 comments now. It's time for a new post.