Monday, March 16, 2009

Ryan's Birthday Dinner

Ryan doesn't ask for much for his birthday. All he ever wants is a home-cooked meal. I even let him choose what he wanted. He chose stuffed shells, because, as he jokingly tells everyone, it's the only thing I can really cook. It's not true, but he likes to tell it like that. Whatever. He also asked for carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

So, we invited James and Sabrina, and our friend from our days at the Rock Church, Christina, over for dinner and a game of Cranium. We hadn't seen James and Sabrina since the dog show a year and a half ago, and we hadn't seen Christina since we left the Rock almost four years ago. It was nice to get together with all of them and just catch up on everything.

I guess I have to admit that the guys won the game that night. It was close, but only because they were really unlucky with their rolls. So, it was a humbling experience to lose, but we still had a great time.

Here are some photos and a couple of videos of the evening.


Happy birthday, Ryan!


And this one's for Kyle



Sabrina and Christina posing for the camera




Gene serving up ice cream.





Leah enjoying a beer with her cake and ice cream (root beer!)




Ryan and Krista being silly (surprise)




James is obviously enjoying something funny.





Ryan really enjoys the sound of the timer song.




Puppet Master Christina trying to get her puppet, Sabrina, to act like she's mowing a lawn




The guys are trying to work out a Data Head question.




Here's Ryan acting out "Trick or Treat."



And here's a rare photo of Ryan not being silly. He's so handsome!

3 comments:

The Family of Logo said...

Yeah! happy B-Day cuz! Looks like you all had a ton of fun! The last pic of Ry is rare, and nice.

Ash said...

I love to imagine what my kids will think when they look back on our pics and only see ridiculous ones of their dad. *rolls eyes*

As always, wish I could have been there. I miss you all!

Beth said...

Hi Debby! It looks like you all had a great night celebration with family, friendship and laughs! Thanks for stopping by my blog too. You asked about our move date. It was going to be May 1 but it has changed again. We are waiting for confirmation on employment, so right now it looks like it could be in the Fall.