It's here! After almost six years of working nights, Gene starts on the day shift next week. We have longed and prayed for this day to come. We thought it might happen a few months ago, but it fell through. So I was afraid to get my hopes up when it came up in conversation again. I didn't want to say anything until I was sure it was really going to happen.
He worked his last night - well, last night. No more lonely nights! I'm very thankful for this blessing, and am really looking forward to our lives getting back to "normal." It's been so long, I don't know what normal is, though. Now I'll have to fix dinner for a family of four instead of one adult and two picky kids. I need to go grocery shopping!
And I'm going to have to get used to sharing the remote control for the TV. I have gotten used to having complete control. And I tend to watch two or three shows at a time, which drives Gene crazy. I also like to watch TV in bed until I fall asleep (again, two or three shows at a time).
I guess I'm now going to have to take Krista to school and pick her up every day (Gene usually takes her in the morning, but he'll be working 6:00 - 3:00 now). That's going to be rough.
Most Sundays it will just be just the girls and me going to church, because he'll be working Sunday through Thursday.
This could be a difficult adjustment for all of us. But all of these challenges haven't dampened my spirit. I'm still VERY excited!
Friday, May 08, 2009
TGIF - Back to Normal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
so nice to get back to normal! I'm very happy for you :) I hope the adjustment period isn't too difficult and that things just fall into place quickly for you all.
I love you! Happy Mother's Day! You are my favorite mom ever ;)
thats hilarious. 2 or 3 shows at a time. talk about ADD
glad you guys finally don't have to do that anymore :)
hey lady!
hope your mother's day was absolutely lovely :)
love you.
Oh, good...now when you're laying in bed awake at night you'll have someone to look at! Just kidding...I know how it feels to not have your man at home with you at night but I would have to agree that having complete control of the remote is a nice perk! Happy for you guys!
Carly
you should post a picture of your necklace here :) i need to see it before i can post my review of the etsy seller!
Post a Comment