Friday, April 22, 2011

Real Estate is Hard!

Okay, so I'm finding out that having a passion for real estate isn't enough to make a living at it. Apparently you have to actually have some sales skills. And, apparently, I don't. I know I shouldn't be surprised at that fact--and I'm not really; I actually knew I wasn't a salesperson. But I truly thought that my sincere desire to help people find the right home or get a fair price for their current home was going to be enough. I figured that my knack for design or my trustworthy personality would win people over, and folks would naturally flock to me. But, um, that's not happening.

Not even close.

Now, I realize that my biggest problem is that I'm working full-time at another job, and I'm a mother of two teenagers at home, so my time is obviously limited. Not to mention all the physical problems I've had in the past year. Why I thought I could do this, I have no idea! But I did. And, call me crazy, but I still do.

Sometimes.

Like when someone tells me that they have met several real estate agents, but they just didn't click with any of them, and then they met me, and I was so down-to-earth, and they just instantly felt at ease with me. And I think, "Oh wow, that's what I was hoping people would feel with me!"

Or when someone calls me and says, "I met you at an open house a few months ago, and we're ready to start looking for a house now."

So, I've submitted three offers on three separate homes for three separate clients, but have not actually closed any transactions. For three very different reasons, each transaction fell through. But I'm still actively working with two of the clients, and am hoping to make a sale very soon. I've learned A LOT with these three clients, and I truly feel that if I could just get a sale or two under my belt, I'd be on my way to a successful career in real estate.

On the other hand. . .

I sometimes think that, if I could just make these two sales, I could recoup my costs, and then I should get out. It's stressful, this real estate thing. The last thing I need in my life right now is more stress.

Oh, I don't know!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

Praying for you my dear. The Lord will light your path.