It was so hard to leave Kathi, but my life was waiting for me back in California. Stacey and I had a HORRIBLE experience trying to get back home. I won't go into details, but, suffice it to say, I will NEVER fly United Airlines EVER again!
James has a lot to deal with right now, so I didn't want to bombard him with phone calls and text messages asking for updates on Kathi, but I had to check in with him a couple of times. The updates were short. Basically, not much change, but she is continuing to work hard in physical therapy, and there is some improvement in her physical condition. Good news, to be sure, but not super encouraging. My head knows that this is going to be a long process, but my heart wants to see quick, noticeable improvements. She has so much going for her, and she deserves so much happiness. This just doesn't seem fair.
Then, last Saturday morning, Patrick sent me a text message with a photo of Kathi and James that he took that morning.
The difference in her smile was nothing short of amazing. I could not believe it! In three short weeks, she has come such a long way! As soon as I got the photo, I called Patrick. He said that the doctor said that Kathi is "exceeding our expectations."
Exceeding expectations!
Of course she is. Kathi is a fighter. She overcame breast cancer, for crying out loud!
She can do this!

Tuesday, August 06, 2013
The Road to Recovery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment