Monday, August 06, 2007

Challenge Ranch Dog Show 2007

The horse ranch that the girls go to had a fund raiser Dog Show last Saturday. James, Sabrina, and Stacey came with us to watch the girls compete with Bristow and Scout (Dakota didn't compete because it was a $30 entry fee per dog). Bristow is an excellent jumper, so we were pretty confident that she would at least place in that event, but she and Scout both surprised us. Scout actually jumped higher than Bristow (the highest of the small dogs) for some reason. Unfortunately, we didn't get any photos of Bristow jumping, which is such a bummer, because she looks so cool mid-jump. Scout ended up with 6 ribbons and Bristow with 2. Here are a few photos of the day.



Leah & Bristow in "Dog that Looks Most Like Owner" competition
(They placed 2nd and Krista & Scout placed 3rd)


Scout & Leah in the Jumping competition
(Scout jumped the highest of the small dogs and placed 5th overall)


Bristow & Krista in the Jumping competion
(She refused the same jump that Scout made)


Scout refusing the next jump
(Notice the dust from her skid--hilarious)

4 comments:

Patrick Jinks said...

The picture of Leah jumping without the dog is absolutely hilarious! Great pics.

Ryan A. said...

aaaahahahahahahaha

im not sure how this computer knows my name is ryan. whats the deal?

Ash said...

ryan you must be signed in to your google account :)

man, leah looks like she's about to fall on her butt! What a crazy jump! Great photos :)

Maybe Scout would have placed higher in the most feminine contest if she had a girly name.

So we have a kitten now and his name is Toby. I know you hate cats... and I totally understand :) I used to hate them too until Toby came along and he's so cute and he's very sweet and the girls love him though marah tried to crush him all the time. And she pretends like she's a kitty all the time now too. It's pretty cute.

Jenna has been walking home from school and she is so proud of herself. Yesterday I had to go pick up Eric from work so I picked her up along her route home and she said that she had to go to the bathroom. Well I told her she'd have to wait cause we had to get daddy from work. Marah started singing the Charleston song from her Kid Songs DVD and Jenna was yelling "Stop it marah! Stop singing Charleston! You're making me have to poop!" :) I thought you'd like that story.

Robin O. Manning said...

Hey guys,

I'm so glad to hear from you. I can't believe how big Leah and Krista are now. And your dogs are very cute too. I miss you guys so much. And you too Ryan and Ashley.

Love,
Robin