Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ahhh, San Diego!

I love San Diego. Sure, sometimes I think about moving somewhere to be closer to other family members.

"What would you think if I told you I wanted to move to Virginia?" I asked Gene a few weeks ago.

"I'd say, you wouldn't last one winter." he replies without even looking up from his task.

"That's not true!" But I know he's right. I HATE cold weather. I don't even like San Diego winters! I LIVE for spring and summer.

I never get tired of driving around looking at all the beautiful mountains here. And in the spring, everything is green, which is even more magnificent. Of course, it will all start turning brown in a few weeks, but right now, it's absolutely beautiful.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos of the girls. They are excited about the weather, too.



6 comments:

me said...

cute pictures! I'm jealous of the pool and the weather. It's a high of 38 today. It sucks.

We have been kinda talking about moving though. Maybe to Nevada or Arizona. Remember when I told you Eric would never consider it? He's started considering it, but don't say anything about that. I don't want to change his mind! :)

Laura Miller said...

actually our winters aren't bad at all.
there is snow like once a year, but not enough to be an issue. And the weather stays nice most of the time. I love it here. You get all the real seasons, but just...a mild taste of them.
=]

Anonymous said...

awww. how fun!! you know, i've never had a pool in my own backyard. how nice to just jump in on a warm day! :)

LOL! i totally laughed at the conversation with uncle gene.

um, what the heck are san diego winters??? don't you guys olny have seasons of "hot and hotter"? ;)
i swear, my mom will tell me that you guys have 70-80 degree days all throughout the winter months. maybe some days of 60* thrown in. i guess mornings get chilly too. i do remember that.

i'm with laura. i like having all of the seasons... the winter here has only a taste of snow, which is fun; Spring is glorious with TONS of flowers and blooming trees; summer is WAY beyond description/fantastic with perfect temps, sun all the time, and it still stays super green; and fall is crisp and colorful, but still sunny a lot. but, i know 4 seasons is not for everyone!

ashley, for real? kudos for you for wanting to deal with 120 degree heat! lol. we drove through arizona last summer, and i seriously about died just walking from the car to a restaurant. and getting gas? when you have to turn the engine (aka air conditioning) off? holy smokes. that was the longest 5 minutes of my life. ;) hehe.

Patrick Jinks said...

Ask me what I would say if you said you wanted to move to Virginia!

Laura Miller said...

wait ill ask for you...what would you say?

me said...

okay, i'm ready for a new blog