Even though I don't see her very often, it's nice to know she's close, and that I could call her up to have lunch anytime. But she's moving. And not just to North County or something, she's moving to Colorado! Stacey has always held a special place in my heart. She's Carla's middle daughter, and, from the time she was a baby, people thought she looked more like my daughter than Carla's (not so much anymore). And I love her very much.
But she's all grown up, and a college graduate now, and she's ready to spread her wings. I'm very happy for her, and I know she's going to do great things. But I'm gonna miss her.
We had lunch yesterday, and we exchanged a few things that we each had of Carla's that we thought the other would like to have. It was hard to say goodbye. Somehow, it makes Carla's absence even more real to know that Stacey won't be in San Diego anymore either. I know it's irrational, but that's how I feel.
Yep, I'm gonna miss that girl.
4 comments:
aw that is sad :( I'm happy that Stacey's getting out on her own though, that's pretty cool! cute picture too
Dang! You write some depressing stuff. If someone's not throwing up, they're leaving San Diego!
aww...aunt debby i'm gonna miss you too. you have been that little piece of my mom that makes me feel a little more like she's nearby. i love you very much! -stacey
aw... i'm glad you guys had lunch. i'm sorry it's so hard for you to say goodbye :( that stacey is a pretty great girl!
it's so crazy to me that she is purposely moving to a place that i couldn't wait to leave from. lol. i hope she likes it better than i! :) i wish they would all move to to washington.... as per the original plan! ah, oh well :)
Post a Comment