It doesn't feel much like Christmas. Maybe it's because we don't have any presents under our tree. Maybe because Ryan won't be here and Ashley and her family won't be coming either. Maybe because it's raining. Or, maybe it's because I always miss Dad and Carla more during the holidays. I don't know, but it just doesn't have that magical feeling . . . yet.
But we're packing our van and heading up to Anaheim for our Christmas at Disneyland trip in about an hour. We're bringing the girls' Christmas Eve pajamas all wrapped up, and we are bringing their stockings--just in case. And, don't tell them, but we bought the Kung Fu Panda DVD for the trip up there. We may buy another DVD at Disneyland for the trip home. But no other presents. We decided the girls didn't need any more "stuff," so we're making memories instead (hopefully good memories). Besides, their birthdays are both at the beginning of January, so they'll obviously be getting presents then.
We cashed in almost $500 in change this year. We took the girls Christmas shopping for Toys for Tots to teach them the importance of giving to those less priveleged, and we gave some to our church building fund. The rest will help pay for our trip. Ryan also contribulted generously to our fund (thank you, Ryan!).
Unfortunately, heavy rain is in the forecast, but we're determined not to let it "dampen" our spirits. We've never been to Disneyland when it is all decorated at Christmas, so we're excited. We're hoping the rain will keep most people away, and that we will not have to fight the crowds we probably would have if the weather had been sunny!
So, we hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. If you are traveling, I hope you have a safe trip. And I hope you take a moment to focus on the Reason for the season, too!
God bless you all!
(Here are a few photos of the girls making Christmas cookies.)


Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hope you have a great time! I have a busy four days ahead of me and I'm starting to stress a little bit, but not too bad. I can't wait to see pictures from your trip! Love you!
We've enver been to Disneyland at Christmastime but be have been in the rain and for the record, it's still the "Happiest place on Earth"! Enjoy your vacation and have a very Merry Christmas!
HAVE FUN! disney all decked out for Christmas is totally the best ever. take lots of pics for us to see :)
Deb, It was nice to see something new on your site. I hope you all have a wonderful trip to Diseyland. I too miss having our family together but I am so thankful that God saw fit for us to have wonderful memories. I now celebrate Christmas for the right reason. I love you.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Enjoy Disneyland and time together!
Post a Comment