Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Krista is 11!

I know, I know, I've been very negligent in keeping up with my blog lately (maybe always). Life itself sometimes gets in the way of writing about life. I'm sure everyone can relate. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done (unless you are Patrick, and then you have 36 hours a day, which is how he can do everything he does).

Anyway, Krista's life has been speeding by, just like the rest of ours. She's now eleven years old! So, so hard to believe.

We had another small family celebration in her honor. Ryan came over and we had Tim Tam Slams! Ashley sent the girls two books each (she's especially good at picking just the right ones).

Here are some photos from Krista's actual birthday.

Krista's birthday dinner request (macaroni & cheese w/hot dogs, broccoli, baked beans, and crescent rolls


Gene has been collecting the state quarters for 10 years. The kids each got a set as a late Christmas gift (Ashley, we have one for you, too).



Krista wore her birthday tiara (she bought it at Disneyland). Here she is opening two light jackets.


She also got a flat iron (I cannot believe how much time this girl spends on her hair!)



Ryan gave her 2 CDs (Vanessa Hudgeons and High School Musical 3)



Leah also got 2 CDs from Ryan (Taylor Swift and Cold Play)



Getting ready for Tim Tam Slams (with hot chocolate instead of coffee)



Step 1: bite off two opposite corners of the Tim Tam



Step 2: Put one of the bitten corners in the hot chocolate and suck just until the hot chocolate comes through the other corner.



Step 3: Put the whole Tim Tam in your mouth and revel in the heavenly sensation!(Careful, you can only eat so many of these without getting sick!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it`s about time. These are good pictures and the girls are beautiful. I too am amazed at how fast time is flying. BTW what kind of outfit does Leah have on? Is it some kind of costume? (Just wondered.)

erin said...

but OH so good, aren't they??

happy birthday, krista!! you are beautiful!

Ryan A. said...

hmmm....that kinda made timtams look gross.

Anonymous said...

No, Leah is not wearing a costume. She's wearing Ryan's scarf and a bunch of bracelets, which she thinks makes her look cool.

And I don't know why Ryan says this made Tim Tams look gross. You should have seen the photo I have of Leah with the whole thing in her mouth. She looks like she's about to throw up!

Gene said...

It's hard to expect an eleven year to consume a Tim Tam Slam with all the grace and poise as we adults are capable of. Not to mention it is awkward, messy, delicious and fun all rolled in to one.

We had fun though!

Patrick Jinks said...

Wow, Krista looks so much older in some of these pictures! It must be that she's 11 now! I love you Krista! Happy Birthday!

Nick said...

Thank you for the step by step on the Tim Tam Slams. Ryan had told me about them and tried to explain it, but I guess I'm just a visual learner. This was excellent. :) I Miss You!

Unknown said...

Oh, those cookies make me drool. Happy Birthday to Krista! BTW, I'm on a campaign to outlaw blog apologies about not posting enough. The Lord knows we busy mommies don't need another thing to stress us out and make us feel guilty! Remember, blogs are just for fun. Love you!