Monday, February 16, 2009

Father-Daughter Dance 2009

Krista looks forward to the Father-Daughter Dance every year. The first couple of years, she had to share her dad with Leah. But last year and this year, she has had him all to herself, which I think she really liked. She loves to get dressed up, and was so excited that Leah let her wear her dress (though she would have preferred to get a new one of her own).

It was so sweet to watch her count the days until the dance. She was hoping to go out to dinner with him, too, but we have had to cut back on such frivolities with my recent pay cut and the fears about the economy, so she had to settle for just the dance.

The afternoon of the dance, she took great pains to flat iron her hair and find just the right shade of lip gloss. She wore her special necklace (the pearl necklace Gene gave me on our wedding day), and she felt so beautiful (which she is, of course).

I keep meaning to scan in the photo they got taken at the dance, but I keep forgetting, so I'm just posting a couple that I took of them before they left. One day we'll get a nice digital camera! Look how grown up she looks!



8 comments:

Nick said...

I've been waiting for an update from you! Krista looks so beautiful! I loved this!

Ash said...

oh that is such a dad face in the second picture, so cute :)

and Krista! Stop growing up! You look beautiful!!!

Ryan A. said...

i hope dad did the running man.

Anonymous said...

how so very sweet! i love the way krista is looking at her dad in the first picture! makes me melt.....

The Family of Logo said...

*AWE*
I never got to go to those sorts of dances... I bet these are memories the girls will cherish forever and ever!

Ash said...

I never got to go to these sorts of dances either mandy :)

Beth said...

Debby, those are just the sweetest pics of Krista and Gene. She is beautiful!

Patrick Jinks said...

Wow, Krista is growing up! And Gene cleans up pretty nicely for an old man!