Wednesday, February 06, 2008

happy birthday to gene

Today is Gene's birthday. Unfortunately, I've been sick the past couple of days (including today), so it's not going to be much fun for him. I tried going out yesterday to buy him a miter saw that he's had his eye on. But, I got out, and started feeling too sick, so I had to go home. On my way home, Krista's school nurse called and said that Krista wasn't feeling well and asked if I could come pick her up. So, Krista and I took naps. Later, when it was time to go pick Leah up, I realized that I was REALLY sick. So I had to go wake Gene up after only 5 1/2 hours of sleep. While I was explaining to him that I was sick, I suddenly had to run to the bathroom to throw up. A LOT!

Man, I hate throwing up. It's so exhausting! But I felt much better after that. But last night was a long night. My whole body was aching. I finally got up at 3:30 to take a shower and let the pulsating water massage my muscles all over. I felt better after that.

This morning, Gene and I went together to pick up his miter saw. He's a happy camper. I'm still kinda sick.

So, I'm going to go lay down and try to get all better by tonight, because I'm going to a dinner making event. It's a totally cool-sounding concept. You go to this place where they have all the ingredients you need to put together healthy meals for your family. You take them home and freeze them and heat them up throughout the month. I've been looking forward to it. And now I'm not sure I can even go. But I've already paid for my meals, so I would have to send Gene in my place. Argghhh!

But the other big news it that I got a job! I'm going back to instructional design, which I haven't done in about 5 years, but I'll get to work at home most of the time. Check out their website at: http://ivid.com/. I'm excited! But I know I won't be keeping up with this blog nearly as much as I have been lately, so don't expect to see new posts as often.

Ok, and now I'm really going to lay down for awhile.

3 comments:

me said...

I'm excited for you! I hope you enjoy this job :)

I kept meaning to call dad on his birthday but didn't know when a good time would be, then I was feeling sick most of the day and I ended up forgetting. I'm sorry.

I updated my blog too, finally. You'll be proud of me.

I love you!

Ryan A. said...

oh man...was that FIVE years ago? thats completely crazy.

see y'all tomorrow. um. im a little bit scared to come to your house though. you know that right? i dont care how "healthy" you may all be now....im scared.

i mean really. im getting nervous right now.

Patrick Jinks said...

Happy Birthday Gene! (Late)!!