Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cautiously Optimistic

Well, it's been exactly a week since we took Bristow to the vet, apparently on the brink of death. I truly can't describe the horrible feeling I had in the pit of my stomach at the thought of losing her.

But we painstakingly nursed her through the week, and today she is running around and jumping like her old self. The only evidence that she was sick is her thin, bony body that is in sharp contrast to Bennett's roly poly self--especially now.

So, while we don't feel completely out of the woods (someone threw up last night, but we don't know which one), and we still don't know what the problem is/was, we are indeed cautiously optimistic.

Here's a photo of Bristow as a puppy, just for the heck of it. : )

Bristow Angelina Andrews

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
me said...

I sure hope she's going to be okay. I kept thinking about you guys every day and worrying that I was going to find a really sad post here. I don't want that to happen.

Anonymous said...

i hope that you guys are able to bring her back to a 100% healthy doggie!

Ryan A. said...

dude she is a TWIG now. you should do a contrast photo of her and ben