After reading Patrick's blog and seeing his "new hideaway" I thought I'd post some photos of our old hideaway, which used to be just like Patrick's new one.
But we neglected to secure ours to the deck, and a couple of months ago, heavy winds literally picked it up and blew it onto our roof in the middle of the night, making a horrible sound that would have scared me to death if I hadn't been expecting it. But I had been expecting it since the day we put it up. We kept saying we were going to secure it, but just never did it. Lesson learned!
We have a new gazebo now, and it is secured to the deck! We have already used it a couple of times. It's so nice not to have a bunch of flies flying around the food!
5 comments:
expecting it or not, that still would have scared me!
i've never seen that view of the house, really cool... and the girls were on the roof in sandals?! are you crazy?
and I just was reminded of a time when it was really windy and the tent that we had set up in our backyard that Jenna and I were sleeping in almost every night in the summer of 06 blew away in the middle of the night. We never found it LOL
Yeah, ours is "secured" to our deck as well, but when a strong wind decides to get under that top, I'm not real confident in the security. It will probably just bend the heck out of the whole thing. Oh well.
What's funny is that I looked at the pictures before I read the description, and I was thinking, "Why would they install the dang thing on their roof?"
Post a Comment