Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Junior Olympics 2008

A couple of weeks ago, the girls competed in the Junior Olympics, which was held at my alma mater, El Capitan High School. The girls each competed in two events. Here are a few photos from the day. Boy, was this a LONG morning in the HOT, HOT sun. (Yes, I still like San Diego, I just don't like to sit in the sun on metal bleachers for 5 hours in 98-degree weather.) But the girls enjoyed it--especially Krista.

Opening Ceremonies (Krista's school is in yellow)


Closer shot of Krista's group



Leah's group



Leah in the 7th grade girls long jump





And here's the video of a different jump (she didn't place in this event)



Krista winning her 4th grade girls preliminary 100-meter dash

I don't know why Gene didn't move the camera to get the end of the race, but she actually did win this one though the girl in the green almost overtook her at the end.



She placed 5th in the final 100-meter dash


Krista in the 400-meter relay



She quickly overtook the girls in front of her



Krista's relay team won 1st place!



Leah placed 4th in the 7th grade girls 400 meter run

(She's going through that "I'm too cool to smile" phase)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cool to smile :) funny. Looks like most of the girls up there with her are in the same phase!

I love that one of the girls in the opening ceremonies (Leah's shot) is on a cell phone LOL go figure. I feel old now :)

Great job girls! I love the pictures and videos :)

Patrick Jinks said...

Wow! It's been a while since I check in. These are awesome! Go Leah and Krista!