Leah, Krista, and I were preparing a tasty dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and grapes when suddenly Krista says, "Jesus Christ, Lady!"
I swirled around quickly, mouth agape, and Leah sucked in her breath loudly. We both stared at Krista in horror.
Krista (with genuine innocence): "What?"
Me (still in shock): "Krista, I don't ever want to hear you say that again!"
Krista: "Why? You've said it."
OK, now I have to stop here to say that I have NEVER said that, so I didn't know where she came up with that.
Leah: "No, she says, 'Jeez Louise,' not 'Jesus Christ.'"
Krista: "What's wrong with saying 'Jesus Christ?'"
Me: "Because that's using the Lord's name in vain, and you're not supposed to do that. It's like saying, 'GD'"
Krista: "What's 'GD?'"
Me (wishing I hadn't brought that up): "Um, you know, like 'Gosh Darn' only worse."
Leah: "Yeah, like WAY worse!"
Krista: "Oh! Well, I didn't know!"
Leah (shaking her head): "Out of the mouths of babes!"
Oh, why can't my kids have sweet conversations like Erin's kids? Jeez Louise!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Oh, Krista!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Never a dull moment!
okay, leah's comment at the end totally cracked me up! this is awesome!
the first time I read this I thought it said with my mouth with a grape. and I was picturing you twirling around with a grape hanging out of your open mouth :)
actually, I think my eye caught the word "grape" in the sentence just above a couple times, cause I also thought I read that Leah sucked in her breath and had a grape in there too and then I imagined her choking on it. LOL I'm weird
LoL! I agree with Ashley's last comment! i thought this was going to have something to do with grapes and choking1 LoL!! Oh hilarious!
rick souza
Post a Comment