I just read Ashley's latest post about appreciating what we have and where we are in life right now, and started thinking about how quickly time is going by. Gene and I were talking last night about how it seems to speed up as we get older. It's unbelievable that it's the tenth of December already! Didn't we just celebrate Independence Day?
Anyway, Ashley's post reminded me of a country song, by Trace Adkins, called "You're Gonna Miss This." This song really hits home with me. It makes me think back to all the times I wanted life to "hurry up." And now, as I race towards the big five-o next year, I cherish all those precious memories.
When the girls are driving me crazy with their messy rooms, and their typical tween/teenager drama, and the kitchen is a big mess, and the laundry is piling up, I try very hard to be thankful, but it's challenging sometimes. But I know that, one day, I'm going to look back, and I'm going to cherish the memories of these days, too.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I'm Gonna Miss This, Too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are so right, Deb. Time will fly by so fast and your kids will move to different states far apart and you would giv anything to have these days back.When people used to tell me this, I thought they were crazy. They were not. Chin up The Bible says "It came to pass." It will.
I love you mom :) and I miss you.
I hate that song! It depresses me!
It is so true...and I love that song!
Post a Comment