It seems like only yesterday that a chubby little two year old came bounding into our lives, full of energy and curiosity, but it's been eight whole years, and now that toddler is ten! Still full of energy and curiosity, she's added such joy to our family. It's been quite an adventure watching her grow into the beautiful, talented preteen she is now. We are anxious (and admittedly a little worried) to find out what her teen years will bring. Krista is a little firecracker. She can be the sweetest, most lovable thing one minute, and a little devil the next. There is no predicting what kind of mood she will be in at any given moment. And, while this can be unnerving (to put it mildly), there's no denying that it adds a little spice to our lives. She has so much potential, and we have such a huge responsibility to make sure her energy is channeled in the right direction. Achhh, the pressure!
Here are a few photos from our family celebration.

Ryan's present (High School Musical cologne & magnets)
High School Musical PJs
A Horse WebKinz
Books from Ashley(Notice she already changed into her PJs)
Leah with her birthday books from Ashley
Leah and Ryan having a contest to see who could swallow a whole cupcake first
Leah won
Not the best photo of Gene, but it was such a sweet photo of Krista, I couldn't resist posting it
Gene & Ryan
And now, we're moving on to the next year to see what adventures we will share and challenges we will face. I'm sure Krista will add excitement to whatever this year brings, just as she always does.
I am blessed.



4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTA!!!! we love you!!!!
-----------------------------
you guys always look to have such fun at parties!
ok... high school musical is just huge, isn't it? i hear about it all the time, but i've never seen it....
such great photos! I wish I could have been there, but it was nice to chat with my sister for a little bit anyway :)
It is hard to believe how much she has grown... Jenna will be 8 this year and everytime Krista has a birthday I think about how they are so close in age and how weird that is!
I didnt realize Krista was into High School Musical! I always see stuff from the show so I'll know for the future now if I'm thinking of getting here a little surprise gift.
Happy Birthday Krista!
I can't believe you are 10! I sure miss you! I hope your day was wonderful, and that this next year is your best ever!
Love,
Uncle Pat
Great pictures, Aunt Debby! You capture Krista's expressions so well. The fun, the excitement!! Happy Birthday to Krista! She kinda looks like the gal in High School Musical. :)
Love- Sabrina
Post a Comment