Thursday, March 06, 2008

BENJAMIN DANIEL!

Now that we gave Scout away, we are down to just three dogs, all of them females. We try not to give our dogs people names. I know that Dakota has become a people name, but to me, it's a dog name. Anyway, when we first got Dakota and Bristow, the girls wanted to name them after themselves, so their full names are Dakota Diane Andrews and Bristow Angelina Andrews.

When we got Bennett, we didn't know what to give her as a middle name. When Ryan came home from Japan, we decided to name her Bennett Danielle, after Ryan Daniel. But Ryan thinks she looks like a boy dog, and immediately started calling her Benjamin. So, now we call her Benjamin Daniel, especially when she's in trouble.

Like today . . .




What????

For some reason, Bennett thinks she has to tear a toy to pieces. She isn't satisfied to just sit and chew on a toy, or play with it, she has to dig her teeth into it and systematically pull it apart with her teeth. Seriously, she has torn up EVERY SINGLE dog toy we had. This was the last one, and she obviously had a great time ripping it to shreds. This toy is supposed to be indestructible. But we have learned (the hard way) that there is no such thing.

I was sitting in my chair reading, and I heard her playing with it, but I had no idea she had torn it apart like this. Arrggghhhhh!!!!

BENJAMIN DANIEL!

4 comments:

me said...

what the heck is that? LOL
At first I thought it looked like a spool of fibers for scrapbooking then I saw the stuffing and read that it was, in fact, a toy... but what? A pink domino is the only thing I can think of.

Glad you blogged, I assume I motivated you huh? ;)

I don't know if I should feel dejected or pleased that one of your dogs is not named after me... bwahaha

debby said...

Ash, It's a firehose dog toy with a hard core. It's supposed to be extremely durable.

Just so you know, Scout's name was Scout Michelle. I don't know if that helps you, since she was the one we gave away, but at least we did think of you. : )

Gene said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! No really, that's funny! She actually looks very proud for what she did. No shame on her face.

Ryan A. said...

good boy ben!